Asian Salmon Roulade
with Forbidden Rice Ramen
- 1.5 pound Salmon Fillet, Skinned & Bones removed
- 4 Jumbo u-10 Sea Scallops
- *2-10 oz. Containers of Forbidden Rice Ramen
- Vegetable Stock as needed
- 4 Baby Carrots sliced on a bias
- 12 Medium Asparagus Blanched
- 4 Shiitake Mushroom Caps Sliced
- 1 Red Bell Pepper Julienne
- *1 Cup Yellow Sweetie Drops
- Sesame oil as needed
- **2 cups Ponzu Sauce
Cut salmon lengthwise into strips, then wrap one strip around each scallop. Chill for 20 minutes.
Season with Kosher Salt & Pepper
Sear in a non-stick skillet with oil for 4 minutes, each side until nicely browned.
Place on a greased sheet tray and finish in a *325-degree oven for 10 minutes.
Over medium heat sauté the vegetables in sesame oil for 3 minutes, season to taste with salt & pepper, then add Ponzu sauce a tablespoon at a time until vegetables are just coated. Use remaining sauce to drizzle over salmon just before service.
For the ramen, follow cooking instructions on package.
*Forbidden Rice Ramen & Sweetie Drops can be special-ordered from European imports
**Ponzu can be found in the Asian food aisle of any grocery store